MAESTRO ENRICO CECCHETTI
Enrico Cecchetti was born on 21 June 1850 in a dressing room of the Tordinona Theatre in Rome, Italy. He was the son of dancing parents and is famed as a brilliant virtuoso dancer, an expert mime artist and the greatest teacher of his time – best known for his contributions to the Classical Technique.
During a dancing career spanning more than 30 years, Enrico Cecchetti performed extensively in countries such as the United States, England, Denmark, Norway, Germany and Russia. He created the dual roles of Carabosse and the Bluebird in “The Sleeping Beauty” and was considered to have revolutionised the image of the male dancer in Russia in the last two decades of the nineteenth century.
Cecchetti International Classical Ballet
Cecchetti International Classical Ballet (CICB) is a legal non-profit entity, incorporated in Canada on 2 July 2004.
- Foster the development of the Method.
- Develop training for the future.
- Keep alive the essence of the Method’s historical tradition.
- Raise the profile of the Method world-wide.
- Encourage the profession and the art of dance by the interaction between members and the international dance profession.
- Enhance the status of dance in the context of the arts and education